ENTRY FORMALITIES FOR FOREIGNERS:
Foreign nationals require permit to visit the Andaman Nicobar Islands, which is easily available on arrival at Port Blair by flight or ship from the Immigration Authorities for 30 days. This is extendable for another 15 days with permission and the delegated authority to extend permission is the Superintendent of Police, Andaman District-Port Blair. The Restricted Area Permit can also be obtained from the Indian Missions overseas and also from the foreigners Registration offices at New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata and from the Immigration Authorities at the Airports of New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
Places Covered Under Restricted Area Permit
For Day and Night visits :
1. Entire island of Middle Andaman excluding Tribal Reserve
2. Entire island of South Andaman, excluding Tribal Reserve
3. Municipal area, Port Blair
4. Havelock Island
5. Long Island
6. Neil Island
7. Marine National Park except Boat, Hobday, Twin Islands,
Tarmugli, Malay and Pluto (Night halt in these Islands subject to special permission of the UT Administration)
11. Baratang Island
12. North Passage Island
13. Little Andaman Island excluding tribal reserve.
For Day visit only :
1. Jolly Buoy
2. South Cinque
3. Red Skin
4. Mount Harriet
5. Ross Island
6. Barren Island – restricted to visit on board vessels only, with no landing ashore.
7. Narcondam Island
8. Interview Island
9. Brother Island
10. Sister Island
Indian national needs no permit to visit the Andamans. However, visiting tribal areas in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is prohibited.